I am taking a short break from the BABYSITTING MY MOM Blog -series to write a special blog. I should have done it over a week ago, but weekend before last I ended up with a Cold . . . The kind of Cold that gives new meaning to the word Rhinovirus. I have never produced so much . . . uh . . . Rhino-juice in my life. I feared for my computer keyboard.
However, I’m back now and all I can say is, better late than never.
So, to get on with it – a week late – let me begin by explaining what a Sunshine Award is. I do not know its origin, but I was first introduced to the Awards by Jennifer (The Mind of Ifer – Random Musings From an Overactive Mind) and J B Vadeboncoeur (Purplume’s Blog) when they nominated me – or, rather, my blog – along with their other choices for their Sunshine Award. The award is given by one blogger to another for ‘bringing sunshine into their life’. I was very honored to have been chosen by these two.
Now, on to the Award . . .
Put the logo on your blog or within your post (right click and save),
Pass the award onto 5 bloggers,
Link the nominees within your post,
Let the nominees know they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
1. Effervescent – (www.dancinmal.blogspot.com) Effervescent is new to blogging, but I have been privileged to read her thoughts on other missives. I am delighted to see that she has taken up the blog-pen so now I can have a regular dose. As mind food, I would rate her blogs as the dessert, or as cookies – the kind of cookies you want to eat one by one until you’ve finished the whole box.
2. Purplume – (www.jbvadeboncoeur.info) I enjoy JB’s blogs because they are so positive and peaceful. . . and sometimes very entertaining, whimsical, or just plain educational. As mind food, I would rate them as a comforting cup of fragrant green jasmine tea.
3. Jennifer – (www.themindofifer.com) ~Ifer’s blogs are, by turns, dramatic, thought provoking, revealing, or deep. As mind food, I would rate them as meat . . . a perfectly cooked steak with a sprig of parsley on top. Or, for you vegetarians out there, a tasty bean burrito . . . slab of tofu? . . . I’m woefully carnivorous – for now – and the only other thing I can think of would be . . . pasta? Well, whatever tasty thing that gives you something to chew on.
4. Krissie – (www.suddenlyroutine.com) Kris’ blogs are usually hilarious and always personable. Reading her blogs is like talking to a close friend that you’ve known for years. As mind food, I would rate them as your favorite sandwich . . . easy to eat and full of your own personal, favorite morsels . . . each one fun and exactly what you wanted.
5. Deanna Raybourn – (www.deannaraybourn.com) Deanna’s blogs are so variegated, you never know what the topic might be. They’ve ranged from amusing dreams she might have had, to romance, to questions of ethics. And she always invites the reader’s input by posing a question. As mind food, I would rate them as specialty dishes . . . unique, creative portions with exotic little garnishes.
To all of you, thank you – a belated thank you – for bringing sunshine into my life.
But I can’t close this, however, until I make honorable mentions of two other bloggers: Debbie Lipperd and Cherri Randall. I didn’t include you in the formal award because I know that your blogs are more private, but I want you to know that I appreciate and love your words.
Until my next blog – Babysitting My Mom – Part VI – where I talk about German food – and why you should never eat anything bigger than your head.
I will leave you with one picture in anticipation . . .